As a family person, or an adult in charge of a teen, it is important to safeguard not only yourself but the people around you from all sorts of harm. Thankfully we belong to the technological age and do not have to worry so much of threats that come from blizzards or famine or whatnot. However, because there is always a however, we do have other things to worry about thanks to the same technology which has apparently so advanced our lives. To safeguard out things, we should select a perfect monitoring software which makes our life easy.
The internet is a great tool on many accounts but those who use it to cause harm to others, get involved in identity theft and spread things like pornography and hate content are ones to watch out for and of course, protect you and your loved ones from. But trying to figure out how to go about it may be a daunting task, especially when you don’t know what you should be looking for. To help you figure yourself out of this marketing mess of appropriate and not so appropriate computer and internt monitoring software, here are some features to look for.
Checlist for Perfect Monitoring Software
Here is the checklist for selecting the perfect monitoring software. There is also a recommendation at the end of the post, which certainly is one of the best monitoing software to select.
1. What it can Monitor. For a program to be considered good monitoring software, it should obviously be able to record and store information regarding what happens on the computer. This includes detailed records of the websites visited, online searches, as well as keywords typed in various places. These are the basics but those which have features such as recording blog posts, username and passwords, and instant messaging conversations are considered top notch.
2. Tracking. Monitoring is obviously the key aspect to look at but tracking is just as important. If the software is able to track file downloads, sent and received emails which include web based email as well as email attachments, then that is extra good news for you. Additional tracking features to look for include staying abreast of application launches, acting as a full keystroke logger, recording time spent on specific sites and programs such as games.
3. Blocking. This is something which users often tend to forget to look while hunting down software that can capture each and every thing that happens on the PC. If you want to control content from coming in as well as simply stepping back and allowing whatsoever may to happen, the you need to check for control features. These would include blocking sites, games, and downloads through keywords, phrases, and categories. Some parents or employers may like the idea of blocking instant messaging as well.
4. Interface and Reporting. No matter how good the software is, if the interface is amateurish or ineffective in delivering all the reports of the data monitored, then it’s pretty useless. The best programs are those which allow the users to easily navigate through the interface and custom search through the data. If you can remote access the data or get weekly or monthly reports emailed to you then the program is definitely a winner.
5. Value for Money. This one is a real no brainer. There are a lot of programs you can choose from but always be aware of the cost and whether there are cheaper alternatives available or not. And even if you choose to buy an expensive program, valuing your safety more than anything else, then assess the program carefully and make sure it has all the above mentioned features and nothing less.
Natalia David has been a regular contributor as tech writer, expert for some time now. Her work has received great appreciation from readers who turn to her to keep themselves updated with the latest happenings in tech world. Download mobistealth software which is developed by the company where she works.