Unlike iPhone, Microsoft has not facilitate an in-built option to capture the screenshots of apps and games on Windows Phone. People (mostly power users and tech bloggers like us) were expecting to get a decent screenshot feature when Microsoft released Mango OS to public, earlier last month. However, it never happened. Although, as a normal user you would not bother much about such feature, but it is of great help when you want to showcase some of the apps and games to your friends.
Apple did integrate this feature long back and now even Google released an in-built screenshot capture facility with Ice Cream Sandwich OS. Windows Phone power users do not have to feel shy about their OS as Microsoft has integrated 500 new feature in the new OS. Talking about the screenshot capture facility, then we have XDA forum member who has just released an app that let you take a great screenshots on Windows Phone Mango.
The application itself is called as ‘Screen Capturer’, enabling you to take screenshots using your camera button. Users can manage all the screenshots from the application itself. This application does have few limitations like it saves files to temporary file instead of picture hub, game and movies are not supported yet.
Screen Capturer for Windows Phone Mango
Follow the mentioned steps to get the things done from Screen Capturer Windows Phone app.
- Inside the application click ‘Start Capture Task’ to start capturing
- During this period an application will listen to Camera button event
- Navigate to any other Windows Phone application and click Camera button to start capturing the screenshots
- Once done a notification will ask you to save the image, tap toast to return to the application.
- When you tap the thumbnails, it will delete the files saved in temporary image file. Images will be then saved in Picture Hub.
Learn more about this application and updated from here.
Note: Needless to say that you need to have developer unlocked device to install this XAP file.Tags: homebrew